Friday, November 28, 2008

Welcome to the world, baby-cakes!

Introducing the newest addition to my already pretty sprawling family. The cutie above is wee Cash Nathan, first born of my little sister (the short blond one in the pink bikini next to me, up there on the left). I'm an aunt! I love this first photo because he looks so serious and a bit like a front row forward (rugby reference, sorry non-antipodeans), haha exactly what you want in a babe!

He was born a couple of nights ago in Brisbane, Australia where my mum and sister live, and I have been ridiculously excited ever since. I am trying to come to terms with not being there, and find the money tree so that I can make a trip over there sometime very soon. Meanwhile, I'll most likely just spoil him rotten from afar by buying every cute thing that I lay eyes on.

Well done Shan, we are both so proud of you! He is beautiful, you have done an amazing job and I know you will continue to be the best mama. We can't wait to meet you, Cash!

Becka & Richard
xx

9 comments:

Cheryl Knits said...

what a cutie! I think that calls for some great baby knits...

Amber Csar said...

I agree, baby knits all the way.

The second hand shops here in Halifax are filled with baby knits....must be all the old people, or the little people, or the cold!

So so so cute!

The Little Mama said...

Oh, indeed!! Much knitting must be done. A trip to the yarn shop is in order, perhaps?

Gosh, he is so sweet. And, with that serious little expression, I think he really looks like a "Cash". It's suits him. He looks like one tough cookie.
xo

mine... and now yours. said...

hooray hooray! birth stories!?

Anonymous said...

congrats!

kate / tinywarbler said...

congratulations auntie! what great news. one word- ADORABLE.

Heather said...

he is gorgeous, congrats on the new little nephew!~

Anonymous said...

You're gonna be the best auntie becka - and I know he's so cute and already knows his Nanny and Koru xxxx mum

World Wide Alternative said...

Oh SQUEEEEEEEEEE!
I love a brand new ween!
Congrats to all...XXxx