Thursday, March 5, 2009

Catching up (with vegan blueberry muffins).

I am so, so tired tonight. I feel like I've been constantly on the go in the last wee while and I think it all just hit me tonight once I got home from work. In saying that, I've been getting lots done and I'm looking forward to sharing secret projects with you once they're finished!

Tonight, instead of 'working' I decided to pop on the radio and do some baking. I am a sucker for a good blueberry muffin, and believe me these are good. I've realised recently that I'm not actually a huge muffin fan, despite thinking that I am. I can make an exception for these though.

The recipe is largely made up, and vegan partly because we had no eggs and partly because we're meant to be cleansing at the moment so no refined sugar....sigh.

Ingredients
2 1/2 c flour (I used white, but would normally use whole wheat if we have it)
1 c agave nectar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 ripe banana (mashed)
2/3 c soy milk
2/3 c vegetable oil
2 c blueberries

Method
1. Preheat oven at 400 F. Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Combine mashed banana, milk, oil and agave
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients, then throw in the blueberries and give it a bit of a mix. Remembering that you don't want to over mix muffin mixture as they won't be lovely and fluffy.
4. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins and sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on top.
5. Bake for 20-25min.

Just so you all know, there is a large can of Kilkenny Cream Ale that only just made it out of the photo up above. I found it in the fridge tonight and decided to drink it while baking, straight from the can. I'm a classy wee thing, I'll tell you that.

1 comments:

kerri said...

cannot tell you how much i love you right now. . . . these are my bot's favourite and i am gonna make themon my day off on sunday! thanks missey xxx