Monday, July 27, 2009

Heatwave!

It's rather hot in Vancouver at the moment, right now both the cats, Richard and I are camped out in front of the fan and I'm procrastinating about heading out to run errands. The thought of being on a hot bus does not appeal! However, if I want popsicle's (and other less exciting things), out I must go! I thought I would share this little video with you first, though.

I have to apologise for the quality of this clip, but it's the only one I've ever been able to find of The Jam doing this song (aside from those annoying non-videos people make that are secretly just a slide show of images, or worse - footage of their turntable) and it is one of my all time favourite covers. As much as I love it when Martha and The Vandellas do this song, there is something about the call and response, how excited the bass player is, and the fact that I have a giant crush on Paul Weller that makes me listen to this one over and over. Also, the audience is amazing to watch! Check out the guy in the yellow!


I hope you're all keeping cool (or warm!) where you are!

xo

1 comments:

kerri said...

boy do i heart the jam! thanks for this! xxx