Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A walk in the woods.


This past weekend Richard and I decided to slip out of the city for the day and head over to Deep Cove. Since we don't have a car, it is a bit of a trek which admittedly almost changed our mind, but I'm so glad we did it! The bus ride over there is lovely, and quite relaxing, and the day was so perfect for a day in the cove! We've decided that we need to do something like this every couple of weeks, otherwise it is just too easy to get caught up in all the business and get frustrated and stressed, you know? Also, being able to relax and spend the day together away from normal life was really great to brainstorm and get excited about new creative ideas. We visited Room 6, which is so cute and chocka with handmade goodness. I picked myself up the latest Uppercase and some Blue Sky Alpaca, while Richard scored a Louis Riel button! After that, we found a little track (although perhaps not a real one...) that wound its way through the forest and along the water, so we walked, chatted amongst all the mossy trees. Sadly our camera battery was dying, but I did manage to get a few shots of all the beautiful colours and textures we saw. The light was so blue and eerie, I loved it!

Of course we finished off the day with some donuts from Honeys, that every single person (stranger or not) told me to go to when I mentioned our mini-trip. The were huge, doughy and most definitely did not disappoint!

I hope all your weeks are going well so far, anyone got any exciting plans for Halloween? I'm beside myself with excitement as I get to carve my very first pumpkin tonight! The apple cider is hot, pumpkin cupcakes are laid out and now I'm just waiting on some lovelies to join me for a carving party!

xo

8 comments:

mon ami said...

Lovely, I've been thinking of heading over to deep cove for a visit to Room 6 and a donut (of course). Your photos of the woods make me want to wait for the next sunny day to go and have a wander through the forest too.

xo

Lili said...

We walked along that same path last time we were in deep cove. It's perfect because you feel like you are discovering some place your not supposed to be, or someplace no one has been before. Really, probably everyone that visits deep cove gies down that trail.

Lovely photos!

lyn tupaea said...

Wow !!!!!! what truly beautiful photos (:....., remember when you did that photography assignment on trees ????? xxx love you lots

Jen said...

Absolutely beautiful shots! Makes me want to leave work and go ramble about in the woods right now :)

Jen

Unknown said...

gorgeous pictures - I miss, miss, miss the rainforest

Kristy said...

Yum! Pumpkin cupcakes!

Evie said...

this looks gorgeous. i really feel like a walk in the woods right now pity there are none near by, but with today expecting to get to 30 degrees i think it might be a little warm!
mmmm donuts ; )

Knotted Nest said...

Deep Cove is like a mini paradise. Room 6 is so wonderful! And those donuts are delicious. And the hike itself....I'm missing BC soooo much!

Lovely blog by the way (I stumbled here via poppytalk)