Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Weekend xo

Hello lovelies, just popping in quickly to wish you all a lovely weekend. I've been a bit under the weather lately and ended up taking most of this week off work to try and get back to normal. It's been a week of lots of lemon ginger tea, hiding under quilts and Dawsons Creek (which I'd grabbed from the library just prior to getting sick in order to watch while crafting, lucky!). Oh, Dawsons Creek! I think its almost better this time around than when I first watched it in the common room with all the other girls from my uni dorm. They're all so soulful and dramatic.

It's also been a week of stewed fruit, and lots of it. We get an abundance of apples and sometimes pears in our veggie box each week, and combined with a dash of cinnamon or whatever berries we have in our freezer and some chopped nuts on top, it's just about the most perfect thing I can think of on these cold, rainy days. In fact, I'm eating some right now with granola and yogurt, yum. I also think that I'll be making these toasty oats to go with them, throughout the winter months!

Before I go, here are a few treats to check out while you're enjoying your days off!

Homemade Pipe Shelving (love this)

Lovely Holiday Postcards from Abby Try Again

Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Bread (!!)

Pip's Where The Wild Things Are Christmas stocking!

xo

3 comments:

Lyn Tupaea said...

Yuuuuummmmm sounds so good !!!! hope you feeling betta real soon, must be in the air...., your little nephew has the flu too xxxx mum

Christina said...

Ive stumbled upon your blog reading others. You might like to try stewed prunes in orange sauce -Ive yet to try it on pancakes but it is delicious on either cooked or nuked oatmeal.. I found the receipe at www.cooks.com
Hope you feel better!

Amber said...

Hope you are feeling well again soon, seems to have hit everyone I know.

Cuddle in.