Thursday, February 4, 2010

A thing of beauty is a joy forever

I finally got to see Bright Star last week and it was every bit as good as I was hoping it would be. I love Jane Campion (An Angel at My Table is a favourite) and knew that I would be in for a visual treat. Aside from the beautiful love story and a lovely Abby Cornish (and me bawling at the end), the film was just so incredibly stunning to look at. The colours, the natural lighting, the wide sweeping landscapes.....so so good! There were so many moments where I actually did a little gasp and how beautiful the shot was so I thought I would share with you some of my favourites.

I hope you're all having lovely weekends wherever you are. I've spent mine sleeping in, lazying about in bed chatting to my bestie Jayne who is living in Edinburgh, eating bananas on toast and drinking tea. Soon we'll be off to a Waitangi Day celebration at a nearby pub to drink a beer or two, have a chip butty or two and no doubt listen to The Exponents.

xo
blog comments powered by Disqus