Friday, March 12, 2010

Five Senses Friday

Five Senses Friday is something I've been meaning to take part in for awhile now, and well I guess I have but up until now it has mostly been in my head. You can see what it's all about over at the incredibly talented (and lovely!) Abby's place. Taking time to stop and reflect is something I'm trying make a habit of so I'm going to attempt to do this on a fairly regular basis! Let me know if you decide to play along, I'd love to see!

:Tasting:

Blueberry pancakes for dinner, buffet lunch at All India Sweets and apple cinnamon pretend cheerios.

:Touching:

Heathered yarn and smooth wooden needles as I attempt to start a Barn Raising Quilt.

:Hearing:

Creedence Clearwater Revival and Richard singing along while he makes pancakes.

:Seeing:

The amazing early colour photographs by Russian photographer and chemist, Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii. I was floored the first time I saw these on Enhabiten, the colours are just incredible. I've been looking at these one's in particular as part of some research I'm doing for a project I'm working on. I love all the amazing textiles and patterns in them. If you want to see more, there are some fantastic landscapes and rural scenes, go take a look over here.

:Smelling:

The freshness of the city after rain.

Happy weekend, lovelies.
xo
blog comments powered by Disqus