Friday, April 9, 2010

Sunshiny Days.

technicolor eden by rod graves

As much as I love stormy evenings and grey Fall skies, it is amazing how much the sun coming out can lift my mood. It is a gloriously sunny here today, and having the sun still streaming into our apartment at 7.30 in the evening makes me so happy. Everything is that little bit brighter and I find the motivation that seems to hibernate during the winter. It looks like this weather is sticking around for the weekend and I plan to make the most of it by getting outside as much as possible. I see sidewalk cafes and patio beers in my not too distant future. Here's my weeks reflection, a Five Senses Friday, I hope you join in and that you all have lovely weekends!

:Tasting:

Rhubarb. Rhubarb crumble, rhubarb pastry pockets, rhubarb stewed on granola or ice cream, rhubarb muffins. I love rhubarb, a lot.

:Feeling:

The sun on my back as I ran errands.

:Seeing:

The excitement of a mother as she talked about the upcoming birth of her second babe, and the relief I was able to give her by letting her know that I'll be with her all the way.

:Smelling:

New peppermint conditioner and lavender dish soap.

:Hearing:

The lovely Laura Gibson on repeat during my bus ride to work.


You might like to check out a post over here where I talk about my love of Farmer's Markets, and over here where I did a little interview.

Happy weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus