Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Darling Heart Vintage

Thank you so much for all your well wishes and congratulations on my last post! I have serious love for the handmade and blog community, and knowing that there are people out there who support and love what we do makes this gig all that much more satisfying. So much so that we're going to open another store? Why, yes! I've been thinking on opening up a small vintage store for awhile now, and now that I've started thinking more about moving and what can and can't come with us I realise that not everything I've collected over the years will be able to come with us (this hasn't always been an easy process. I mean, why not take hundreds of mis-matched tea cups half way across the world?). So, I present to you Darling Heart Vintage, a little bit yard sale, a little bit treasure trove.
As tough as it is not being able to take everything we own with us, I'm pretty happy knowing they'll be well loved somewhere else. Also, it makes me feel a little less guilty/justifies my continual thrifting despite knowing we're leaving the country, ha! There's more to list hopefully over the next few days, and I think I'll just keep it up slowly as I thrift for myself. There's also going to be a range of household and clothing items, with a range of sizes in the clothes. As a plus size gal, I know how difficult vintage shopping can be so I'm hoping to dig up some good second hand stuff for us curvier gals, and as that's where I predominantly shop for myself I think you can be sure it won't all be teeny tiny. Not that there won't be teeny tiny, but there will be clothes for everyone. Let's not leave anyone out!

I hope you're all having a fantastic day, might I suggest this Lo-Fi Ladies mix to keep you company? I listened to it last night as I replied to emails and ate chocolate chips straight from the bad. Shh!
blog comments powered by Disqus