Friday, June 4, 2010

Five Senses Friday


It's Friday! What's more, I see blue sky (but still someone walking around under an umbrella?)! I feel like this week has flown by, which is great because fun times come quickly but also a little scary because I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that it is already June. June! Here's some reflections for the end of the week.

:Feeling:

Torn about selling this floral lawn like Italian scarf. It was originally photographed for the shop but in a fit of whimsy I tied up in my hair last night and quite liked it.

:Tasting:

Fresh raspberries and So Delicious coconut milk cookie dough ice cream. That ice cream is ridiculous.

:Seeing:

This empty lot in Strathcona acting like the boundary between old and new. This morning I read an article that Richard had brought home for me, it was all about the gentrification of our neighbourhood and how a few of the older and more 'colourful' folks who have lived here for decades have recently passed away. They all bought their homes for a song when it was still considered a slum and now houses are going for over a million. Not only that, but these stunning old homes are being pulled down to build....pretend stunning old homes? Makes my heart heavy.

:Hearing:

Hilarious dramatic pauses that were used quite liberally in Mad Love. Highly recommend.

:Smelling:

Coffee being brewed as I work in my new 'office'. I'm going to start coming down to the local Bean Around the World in the mornings to get my computer work out of the way while Richard sleeps. It smells so good, I kind of wish I loved the taste as much as the smell!

Have a good weekend friends! If you're in Vancouver, you should probably come out to the Spool of Thread grand opening. Don't know what Spool of Thread is? It's an extremely cute sewing lounge and fabric store recently opened by some of our besties in East Van. An amazing selection of fabrics and patterns, sewing machines that you can rent by the hour and fun classes!
blog comments powered by Disqus