Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall days


Hello! Sorry for how quiet it was around here last week, no excuses really aside from perfect fall days calling for neighbourhood walks and the realisation that the holiday season is approaching with the shop getting busier and busier. Oh, and the fact that it is November in a week. Eeep!

These photos are from a little stroll we took last weekend to a market that was held in this big, rambling house in our neighbourhood. There was vintage all strung up in the yard, boozy cider and pie for sale, a room full of vintage linens and Ora Bags and Seed Knits were selling their wares there, too. I ended up walking away with a beautiful Dresden Plate quilt for a steal (pictures to come), despite my best intention to be lightening our load before we leave. Oh well, I'm pretty sure you can never have too many quilts!

A few other things;

- My lovely friend Jen has released her Fall/Winter collection for her label Hound and it is just beautiful. I'll take one of each, thanks! How great are those yellow tights with the skirt and cape?
- Speaking of lovely friends, Kenzie released her new woven scarf collection last week and I am dying to get my hands on one! I love that she wove the yarn instead of knit, the texture looks amazing.
- City Shorelines by David Burdeny. These are just incredible, they look like paintings. The colours! I would love to have a print or two of these on my wall to daydream into.
blog comments powered by Disqus